“Sblocca cantieri” Decree 2019: useful information regarding the measure
On 18th April 2019 it was published in the Italian “Gazzetta Ufficiale” the decree-law n. 32/2019, also known as the “sblocca cantieri” decree. This measure introduces urgent provisions aimed at fostering economic growth and boosting the entire Italian production system.
This decree includes the adoption of measures aimed at simplifying the regulatory and administrative framework associated with public assignments and the regulation of public contracts.
What does this decree provide?
The italian decree contains rules regarding public contracts, the acceleration of infrastructural and urban regeneration interventions, as well as provisions concerning seismic events in Molise and the Etna area, in Abruzzo, Central Italy, in the municipalities of Casamicciola Terme and Lacco Ameno of Ischia Island.
In particular, the main changes made by the decree concerning the Procurement Code include:
- the introduction of a single regulation to replace the Anac guidelines and the implementing decrees
- the elimination of various sub-contracting limitations
- the possibility of entrusting maintenance operations based on the final project
- the simplification and speeding up of procedures for winning contracts below the thresholds set at Community level. The reintroduction of the criterion of the lowest price
- the exclusion for non-definitive contribution and tax irregularities
- the possibility for contracting authorities, in the event of unavailability of experts registered in the ANAC register, to appoint the tender committee even partially
- the elimination of the burden of challenging admissions and exclusions through the super-accelerated procurement procedure
The “sblocca cantieri 2019” decree also includes amendments to the Consolidated Law for building industry in the field of urban regeneration, deposit to the SUE and report of construction works and report on the completed structure of reinforced concrete, normal and prestressed concrete and metal structure, also regarding structural interventions in earthquake areas.
Ferro-Met is available for any clarification, offering support also regarding the recent decree “unlock construction sites” 2019. For more information, contact us.