Loading capacity on props: element of primary importance in the building sector.
When it comes to safety in construction sites the load-bearing capacity of props is an element of fundamental importance, an aspect not to be underestimated. These systems, in fact, have a primary function: they offer temporary support during construction or renovation interventions; their support capacity, therefore, is closely linked to their load-bearing capacity.
There are various types of props with different load-bearing capacity. The most resistant are the heavy duty telescopic props that Ferro-Met, a Company specialized in the production and supply of solutions for construction companies and construction operators, is able to offer to its customers. These shoring systems are regulated by the EN 1065 standard and are divided into five classes of resistance, with a series of subclasses based on the maximum extension of the telescopic prop.
Find out more about the load-bearing capacity of telescopic props and the highly resistant solutions proposed by Ferro-Met.
High capacity of props, maximum safety: Ferro-Met solutions.
Based on the EN 1065 standard which regulates the props capacity, Ferro-Met offers a range of heavy duty telescopic systems of the following classes:
- Class A: these are the smallest props, with the lowest reach among the telescopic ones. The systems are available in sizes from 1.55 m to 6.00 m in red colour, with hot galvanizing or electrolytic. The capacity of the class A props ranges from 25 kn (prop completely closed) to 5.0 kn (prop completely open).
- Class B: these props measure from 2.50 m to 5.00 m and are available in red, with hot-dip galvanizing or electrolytic. The range of the class B props goes from 30 kn (closed prop) to 8 kn (totally open prop).
- Class C: the props in this category are available in various sizes from 4.50 m to 5.50 m in red colour, with hot-dip galvanizing or electrolytic, with a capacity of 35 kn (prop completely closed) to 10.91 kn ( all open prop).
- Class D: these props measure from 1.51 m to 5.50 m and are proposed in red colour, with hot galvanizing or electrolytic. Their range goes from 30 kn (closed prop) to 20 kn (open prop).
- Class E: these systems are available in various sizes from 1.90 m to 4.50 m in red color, with hot galvanizing or electrolytic. The range of these props ranges from 30 kn to 30.00 kn.
The range of Ferro-Met heavy duty props is completed with PUSA models, specifically designed for North American market (USA and Canada).
Do you want to know more about the load-bearing capacity of our props or do you need more information about the proposed solutions? Contact us.